The NSW Government says it “is taking a staged and flexible approach to the easing of restrictions as the State continues to take a measured response to manage COVID-19”. These changes to COVID Restrictions mean you need to get ready for hybrid workplace settings!
From the beginning of Friday, 18 February 2022 these changes apply. That is, the following adjustments will be made to the current settings:
- No density limits (previously one person per 2sqm for hospitality venues).
- QR check-ins will only be required for nightclubs, and for all music festivals with more than 1,000 people. Hospitals, aged and disability facilities may use their existing systems for recording visitors.
- Singing and dancing will be permitted at all venues, except music festivals, where singing and dancing can recommence from 25 February.
- The recommendation to work from home will change and be returned to the employer’s discretion.
From the beginning of Friday, 25 February 2022 these changes apply. That is, the following adjustments will be made to the settings:
- Masks will only be mandated on public transport and planes. And also indoors at airports, hospitals, aged and disability care facilities, corrections facilities. As well as at indoor music festivals with more than 1,000 people.
- You are encouraged to wear masks for indoor settings. That is, in areas where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others. But also if you are a customer-facing retail staff. That is, to protect vulnerable people who must access these premises and services.
- Each State Government agency will review where it may be appropriate for you and public-facing staff to wear masks. And will implement as necessary.
- The 20,000 person cap on music festivals will be removed. Additionally, you will be allowed to sing and dance. You will need to be vaccinated for indoor music festivals with over 1,000 people. Also, you are required to have at least two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Hotel quarantine for unvaccinated returning travelers will be reduced. That is from 14 to 7 days from 21 February.
Hospitalisation and ICU rates are easing and booster uptake is now above 50%. Therefore a staged return of non-urgent elective surgery across all NSW public hospitals has commenced. Additionally, this will be increased through February to March.
If you are aged 16 years and older you can receive your booster dose at three months. That is after receiving your second dose of any of the COVID-19 vaccines. You can book your COVID-19 vaccine or your booster shot. You can go to www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/vaccination/get-vaccinated.
Much demand has been requested for our How to Work and Manage in a Hybrid Environment Workshop. Amazingly, this training is tailored to your team’s needs and challenges. And it focuses on your core Hybrid Workplace Learning Modules.
These include, but are not limited to, the following development areas:
- The 5 Elements of Hybrid Work
- Systems and Processes Changes (Go Cloud and Share Calander)
- Importance of Your Employee Needs Survey
- Effective Hybrid Communication
- Creating Your Hybrid Workday Routine
- Your Boundary Setting and Breaks
- Company Culture Investment
- Highlighting Your Success
- Keeping the Virtual Door Open
- Continuous Feed Back
- Hybrid Management and Leadership
Book your team’s How to Work and Manage in a Hybrid Environment Workshop. That is, by Contacting Us anytime. Simply call 1300 833 574 for a confidential chat. Or via email firstname.lastname@example.org .
All your training is tailored to your team! And it can be delivered virtually or F2F Onsite. Gather your team and we will take care of the rest. Learning and laughs included. We are here and happy to help!