The key to excellent customer service is to understand your customer. Furthermore, the best way to get your existing customers to stay with your brand is to understand their behaviour.
When you understand your customer, you will know what they truly want from your business and how to provide that to them.
Here are 5 tips to keep in mind when it comes to understanding customer psychology:
1. Customers Make Decisions Based On Emotion
Customer’s decisions are typically based on an emotion, feeling or need.
This is why the ‘emotional value’ of a product or service can influence decisions.
For example: someone in the market to buy a car may not be concerned so much about the mechanics of the car, but rather what people will think of them when they are seen driving it.
2. Customers Are Egocentric
Customers will make purchases that centre around them.
When pitching to customers, it is important to mention:
- What’s in it for them
- How your product or service can help them achieve their goals
3. Customers Look For Value
Show your prospects the value in your product or service by taking into consideration:
- What your competitors are charging
- What the customer has paid for it in the past
- How much they want the product or service
- What makes your product or service stand out from others
Keep in mind that ‘value’ can mean more to customers than just looking for the lowest price.
4. If Customers Don’t Want To Do Something, They Won’t
Despite how much you influence, persuade or push a customer, in the end they can’t be forced.
They will do what they want to do.
The most important thing you can do is show the customer that your product or service will meet their needs.
5. Most People Copy Others
Particularly when people are unsure of something, they will look to others for advice or guidance.
They want to know:
- What do other people think about this product or service?
- What do others use?
- How do others feel about this?
This is why testimonials and reviews are extremely helpful.
Contact the HBB Group to discuss customised training for your Sales Team!
Call 1300 833 574 or email firstname.lastname@example.org